Objectives of the Curriculum aim to:
1. Achieve cognitive, affective and psychomotor excellence;
2. Enhance self-awareness and explore innate potential;
3. Attain mastery over laid down competencies;
4. Imbibe 21st century learning, literacy and life skills, Promote goal setting, and lifelong learning;
6. Inculcate values and foster cultural learning and international understanding in an interdependent society;
7. Acquire the ability to utilize technology and information for the betterment of humankind;
8. Strengthen knowledge and attitude related to livelihood skills;
9. Develop the ability to appreciate art and show case talents;
10. Promote physical fitness, health and well-being. 1
The Second Language
Hindi will be the second language and will be taught from Std. I to Std. X.
The Third Language
Marathi will be taught as the third language from Std. I to Std. IX. No student will be exempted from Marathi.
The Central Board of Secondary Education is popularly known as CBSE. As one of the most prestigious educational boards in India, it offers a well-researched syllabus incorporating the international trends.
A certificate or degree issued by the CBSE is valid and respected throughout the country and even abroad, making it universally acceptable. CBSE Schools are also under operation in many countries, including Singapore, Russia, Africa and the Middle East.
CBSE follows a cumulative approach for its syllabus. The syllabus is prepared in such a way that there is a continuity and link to previous topics of study. The advantage of this approach is that it makes remembering simple. Students are able to relate to what they had studied previously so they can construct new ideas on strong foundations.
Focus on Core
Subjects CBSE mainly focuses on core subjects like mathematics and science, hence there are fewer subjects on hand for the students to study. Focusing only on core subjects makes it easier for the students to concentrate on subjects that may help them prepare for competitive exams.
Nationally Acclaimed Syllabus
The pattern for most of the competitive entrance examinations like IIT-JEE, PMT, Dental Courses, NDA, CDS and other Defense and Civil Services follow CBSE, as it is a nationally acclaimed syllabus in India.
Of the top 100 schools in India, 90 schools follow CBSE syllabus